Join the Move for Change Challenge
Travelling around Brighton & Hove in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will track how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can turn your points into high street shopping vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity.
It’s about encouraging people to help create a cleaner, greener Brighton & Hove by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community, as well as the local economy.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Tap Join now in the app and fill out the form.
3. You will be automatically added to the Move for Change challenge if you live in Brighton & Hove. There will be a welcome message on your timeline in the app. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral code if you work in Brighton & Hove but live outside the area.
4. Turn tracking on in the top right-hand corner of the homescreen
5. Leave it on to automatically record all your journeys and make sure you never miss out on BetterPoints or BetterTicket prize draw entries. You can turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip if you would prefer to record manually.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can you help me stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your reward points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on in Brighton & Hove to help you maintain your active and sustainable travel habit. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the challenge.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?
Where do I find out more about the challenge?
Visit the Move for Change FAQs page here.